Schmoodle

Shmō-dle: A term of endearment. Often used when referring to boyfriend or pet dog.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy New Year!
Patrick and I had a fantastic Christmas/New Years. We went our separate ways on December 23 – Patrick to Montreal and me to Orillia – to celebrate Christmas day with our families. [My mom came to pick me up, so I was able to finish most of my first sock in the car on the way home.] I’m not quite ready to give up my huge family Christmas day celebration and Patrick’s mom is home from Qatar for just over 2 weeks so he really needed to spend Christmas with his family.

My immediate family celebrated Christmas on Christmas Eve as my sister had to work on Christmas day. Some of my aunts, uncles and cousins came over for dinner and to play a bit of poker – yes, nothing says Christmas like walking away with some cash won from your family!

Christmas day was nice. My aunt Deb stayed over night and was so excited to wake up with us on Christmas morning. Our larger family Christmas started in the afternoon – my cousin and his wife hosted. [I had a chance to start my second sock in the morning.] This was the first time that someone from our generation has hosted a larger family event (my mom is one of 10 kids!)

Boxing day was spent in the car travelling to Montreal. When I arrived, we opened gifts and had a very nice salmon dinner. Patrick gave me an absolutely beautiful pair of diamond earrings – pictures will follow. And then we went shopping… oh North Face jacket (ON SALE!), how I love thee!

We met up with some of Patrick’s university friends. I never know how events like this will go as Patrick and his ex have a number of mutual friends, (she and Patrick are still friends as well) which makes me very nervous.

December 29 was another day of driving as we headed back to Orillia so Patrick could visit with my family. My sister and Ivan came over for dinner (chicken this time!).

New Years Eve was quite nice – Patrick, his roommate and I hosted a dinner party for 13. Our friend Miro made a rotisserie TURKEY (it was FANTASTIC) and I broke out the chocolate foundation and about $50 of Lindt chocolate – it was incredible and very much the hit of the party! I'm not sure why this photo is so grainy, but here we are:

On New Years day we attended a going away party for one of Patrick’s co-workers. Somehow I managed to fit some knitting in, and have finished one side and 2/3 of the back of a baby gift sweater. Photos to follow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home