Schmoodle

Shmō-dle: A term of endearment. Often used when referring to boyfriend or pet dog.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Secret Pal 7 Questionnaire

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
I'm a bit of a yarn snob - I usually opt for higher quality fibers, particularly when giving a knitted item as a gift. That being said, I do occasionally use craft-store brands.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
No

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I'm ashamed to answer - a plastic bag!

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting for about 3 years. I' an advanced beginner, but often select simple patterns

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes! My Chapter's wish list....

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Vanilla or coffee scents. I don't like anything too 'chemically'.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
YES!!! Chocolate all the way, baybe!

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I do a bit of sewing. I've made a quilt, but it took me THREE years!

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I'm not really that into music and I don't really have a favorite band. I don't think my computer plays MP3s.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I really like blues and purples. Pinks are really fun, but don't look that great on me. I'm not really a fan of red.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live with a room mate and have part time custody of a 3 year old Boston Terrier (often called Schmoodle). My boyfriend Patrick (also called Schmoodle) lives around the corner.

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, yes, yes and occasional.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I've been working with Baby Cashmerino lately and its quite nice!

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Itchy fibres!

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Starting to become obsessed with SOCKS!

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Hmmmm..... socks are fun!

17. What are you knitting right now?
A baby sweater for a friend.

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes! I LOVE handmade gifts! I love to see people's creativity.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Circs.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Bamboo with most fibres.

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No and no.

22. How did you learn to knit?
I bought some needles and yarn from Wal-Mart and started playing around. I ended up with an obscure piece of work that was far too short and fat to be a scarf and far too small to be a blanket. My dog uses it in her bed.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
About 3 years.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I'm a fan of the Simpsons and Family Guy. Brian and Stewie both crack me up!

25. What is your favorite holiday?I would have to say Christmas. Our entire family (my mom is one of 10 kids) gets together to celebrate every year. It gets a little crazy, but its how I always think of Christmas!

26. Is there anything that you collect?
Just yarn!

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
None.

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
I would like a sock book, but haven't really picked one out yet.

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes! I wear a women's size 8.

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
April 26

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home