Schmoodle

Shmō-dle: A term of endearment. Often used when referring to boyfriend or pet dog.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Finally! A couple of pictures..

This is my very first pair of socks...




...and I must say that I'm very pleased with them. I wear them almost every day - more as slippers than as socks. They are almost identical twins. I used Paton's Kroy and a free Paton's pattern. It took me a while to get the hang of using DPNs. I still get a bit of a loose stitch when I change needles, but I'm getting better. I've started a second pair of socks and just bought some scheepjes invicta extra in black and red - it feels soooo much softer than the Kroy.

I've been considering the Lace Leaf Pullover for my next bigger project. It looks so warm and cozy - perfect for the sudden dose of winter we've finally received. Canada has such a wild climate! It was close to 10 degrees on Friday - then Saturday the temperature when well into the negatives! I'm so glad I have my nice warm socks!! :-)

I've also been looking at the Bobbi Bear and the Baby Bobbi Bear pattern - sooooo cute!! My two best friends are pregnant... again, and I think he would make a fantastic keepsake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home