Schmoodle

Shmō-dle: A term of endearment. Often used when referring to boyfriend or pet dog.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

So... I get home from an average day at work and take Bird for a walk. When I got back I checked my mail to find a FINAL NOTICE from the Post Office. I think it odd that in the book I'm reading, the main character received a FINAL NOTICE and lamented about how you never receive a first notice prior to the final notice... then I think - this must be from my Secret Pal!! What time is it? I have 10 minutes! Go!

I arrive at the post office with 2 minutes to spare and the attendant hands me a HUGE box. Holy Crap! Yes, it's from my secret pal!

I haul the box home to Patrick... who also exclaims, "Holy Crap!" and proceeds to document the opening of the HUGE box.

Slowly....

P1020386

Wow!

P1020396

Hand dyed sock yarn:

P1020418

A closer look:

P1020429

Closer (this is my favorite part of the giftie... can you tell):

P1020436

The whole kit and kaboodle:

P1020435

The very generous HUGE box from Mary-Kay contained:
  • A very cute knitting card from Studio18
  • Some beautiful roving from Spunky Eclectic
  • A spindle
  • Kool-Aid, some naked wool and the directions to put it all together.
  • Yarn Harlot's The Secret Life of a Knitter
  • A Butterfly Loom
  • A Circular Solution (uhm... don't tell anyone, but I currently store my needles in a plastic bag.)
  • The aforementioned 2 skeins of sock yarn, hand-dyed by Mary-Kay, herself! I don't think the photo shows how truly beautiful this yarn is.

I absolutely love everything. I can't wait to dive into that blue/green/purple sock yarn. Go check out the super talented, super generous Mary-Kay!

Thanks so much!
~Christine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home