Schmoodle

Shmō-dle: A term of endearment. Often used when referring to boyfriend or pet dog.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

My sockapaloooza pal received her socks! They traveled all the way to Spain!

I haven't had very much dedicated knitting time lately. But... I have been getting lots of subway knitting in... which means socks! See:





This pair is the Rock 'n' Ribbed pattern from Knit Socks! in Cascade 220. This is a great little book from my SP7 pal Sara. It has a good variety of patterns and some great general sock instructions. I finally understand the Kitchener Stitch for closing toes! I really liked this pattern - it took me about 4 days per sock. I'll definitely be making more!

I've also finally dug into my Lorna's Laces - also a gift from Sara. I've selected Sock Bug's River Rapids sock pattern. Here's my progress so far:


I'm doing ok with the pattern so far - I have to pay a bit more attention to what I'm doing than I usually like to, but the sock is turning out quite nice so far. And I'm LOVING this yarn! It's so easy to work with and the color is beautiful! Thanks so much Sara!

3 Comments:

At 8:37 a.m., Blogger knottygnome said...

yea! i'm glad that you are having so much fun with your socks. both pairs look fab.

 
At 10:03 a.m., Blogger knottygnome said...

hey, i haven't heard from you in awhile! hope the sock knitting is going well.

 
At 5:13 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi :)
I'm your sock savior...just wanted you to know you DO have a set of socks on the way..I'm having a bit of trouble with the one heel flap, and I have to take it to my LYS for some serious help :)

Never fear, they will be there! And I think you'll love them!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home