Schmoodle

Shmō-dle: A term of endearment. Often used when referring to boyfriend or pet dog.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Sock pair number two is well underway! I'm almost down to the toe decreases on the first sock:



It's been a pretty busy week, but I have managed to get in some knitting time. I'm currently taking 3 University level courses in addition to working full time and trying to stay in decent shape. Somehow I also manage to spend a good amount of time with Patrick - although he's quite busy as well with the upcoming election (he works in the media). I also had a big presentation this week - this was the largest group I've ever presented to (roughly 150) and included our CEO, the senior management team and all our provincial office staff. Nerve wracking, but I did get lots of compliments after.

This sock is not quite as nice as the first pair I made, but still not bad. You can't really see here, but the join at my heel flap is a little loose. I'm not really too sure what I did wrong. I did take out a sock book from the library, so I'm starting to understand the construction of socks a little better.



This pair is made from DGB Confetti. I purchased it for half price (roughly $2.25 CDN per ball) from my LYS when it was closing. I love the color when it's in 'ball of yarn' shape - I'm not really crazy about it knitted up though. It certainly feels a little softer and not as itchy as the Paton's Kroy, but I'm not sure that I would use either brand again. I'm off to Romni today, so I might go exploring in the sock section.....



I knit most of the foot on Friday night. Patrick hosted a poker game, and yes, instead of playing poker, I sat at the table and knit!! Bird (yes, my dog's name is Bird) seems to approve! And if you look closely, you'll see a hint of sock pair number one on the left side of the photo:


It's true - I do wear my knit socks every day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home