Schmoodle

Shmō-dle: A term of endearment. Often used when referring to boyfriend or pet dog.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Another FO!

It's a rib and cable hat in Cascade 220 Tweed that I purchased on ebay over a year ago. I love the flecks of color! The pattern is a modification of the Man hat from this site. Here's a close up of the detail:



And a really bad picture of me:


I can't decide if it needs a pom pom or not. I've made a pair of wrist warmers to match, using the Voodoo pattern on knitty. I'll post pictures of those later. I still have the majority of a skein left, so I'm experimenting with a ribbed scarf. Hopefully I'll have enough!

I forgot how much I like knitting with 220. I still have two skeins of solid light blue - that I might have to dig into. I also really like the green colors in the Tweed. Maybe another hat??

In other knitting news, I've finished my first Confetti sock. It's mate might not arrive for a while. I'm not crazy about the colors and I want to dig into my Fleece Artist!

It's an absolutely beautiful day out today! We're going for a bike ride later - yes, a bike ride in Toronto in January - it's that nice out!

2 Comments:

At 1:31 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, that hat looks fantastic. i love all the different colors of the tweedy flecks. it looks great on you!

--The Bellicose Badger

 
At 11:34 p.m., Blogger Yvette said...

Hey, cool blog. I just stumbled across it this evening. The hat is very cute and I agree with your colour preferences.
You should join the GTA Knitters webring. Many interesting yarn-a-holics and a nice on line community.
http://www.cosmicpluto.com/gtablogring.html
Y

 

Post a Comment

<< Home