Schmoodle

Shmō-dle: A term of endearment. Often used when referring to boyfriend or pet dog.

Saturday, February 25, 2006

I've strayed slightly from my plan. But I have a good excuse, which makes it ok... right???

I've made some really good progress on my Sockapaloooza socks. See:


Notice the cool calf shaping? I'm using a modified version of the Pippi Longstocking pattern in Stitch 'n Bitch and Knit Picks Sock Garden in Zinnia. I was a little concerned when the yarn arrived - the color is way different from what it appears on the site. It looks deep and rich in the photos on Knit Picks, but it's actually more of a 'primary' color red. But it has knit up quite nice! I like how the yellow winds itself around the sock.

Here's a close up of the stitches:


And now... here's where I've strayed from the plan. I was making the Debbie Bliss' Ribbon-Edged Cardigan for a friend who is due in March. But then I remembered how much she liked the coton sweater that I made for her son - It's sooooo easy to care for etc. So I made a slight change in plans - I'm now making this:


Yes, the Baby's Denim Drawstring Pants from LMKG. I like this pattern so far - I don't have to concentrate too hard!! The yarn is a little stiff, but I trust Joelle Hoverson when she says it will soften up with washing.

Patrick leaves next Wednesday, so I'll be able to get a good start on his birthday socks.

1 Comments:

At 10:07 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, you are really taking off on the sock-making.

I'm glad that you are enjoying LMKG too

--The Bellicose Badger

 

Post a Comment

<< Home