Schmoodle

Shmō-dle: A term of endearment. Often used when referring to boyfriend or pet dog.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Hello!

Finally some completed pictures of the first DGB Confetti sock:


As I mentioned before, I'm not crazy about the colors so this little guy might have to wait a while for his mate!


And my lovely toe decreases:


I present my first Fleece Artist sock:


It's short - I knitted 4.5 inches before starting the heel because I was afraid of running out of yarn. Here's a close up of the colors:


Some more lovely toe decreases:


I love this sock! I decided just to go with a plain stockinette stitch to show off the colors. It's so pretty and I've made it a little smaller than my first pair so that it hugs my foot a little more. Although I don't have photographic evidence to prove it, I do not have second sock syndrome - I cast on for the second sock last night.

In other knitting news, I finished the Debbie Bliss baby cardigan, but it was delivered to the tiny recipient before I could snap some photos. It turned out quite nice - I'll have to ask for some photos of baby wearing her new sweater.

Patrick is leaving for Montreal today - he'll be gone for an entire week!! (Yes, that correct, he'll be gone for Valentine's Day!) Of course this means I'll be able to get a bit more knitting done - and I can secretly start knitting his birthday socks. I purchased some Brown Sheep Company Wildfoote in Pine Tree. He was born on St. Patrick's Day (get it... Patrick... born on St. Patrick's Day... yes... too cute!) so I thought green would be appropriate!

Sockapalooza update: I just orders some really great yarn from Knit Picks:
It's Sock Garden in Zinnia. Now for a pattern.... hmmmmmm....

I'm off to play some ultimate Frisbee tonight - I've been subbing with a team occasionally. It's been great to get out and play! It's also a nice break not being captain of this team - I can just show up and play!!

1 Comments:

At 4:36 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fleece artist sock is beautiful. I think you made the right choice with stockinette.

i made a pair of lace anklets in that very shade of sock garden. the yarn is soft and works up very nicely. just don't throw them in the dryer. :-P

--The Bellicose Badger

 

Post a Comment

<< Home